Save The Date 11-12 April 2018, Day of exchanges in Milano & Technical visit in Torino
Event reserved to CNA members
The Welcome Day is the occasion to learn more about Calypso, its last on-field expansions directly reported by CNA members, about the main CNA projects and the technical Working groups. It will be the opportunity of fruitful exchanges with the other members and the Calypso experts.
11th April: Welcome Day at the Principe de Savoia Hotel, Piazza della Repubblica 17, 20124 Milan
- 9 :30: Registration and Welcome Coffee
- 10 :00: Welcome introduction by the CNA Chairman and the ATM representative
- 10 :15: Session 1:
- - CNA role and missions, latest news from Calypso, Open Source strategy
- - Presentation of the ATM ticketing scheme and perspectives
- - Interoperability and ticketing scheme for Mexico City based on Full Calypso implementation by Metro CDMX
- 12 :00: Members session: presentation from new (and other!) members, of their projects
- 12 :45: Lunch break
14 :15: Session 2:
- Achievements and on-going works from all CNA technical tasks (certification, HCE, Keyple, Calypso Light Application, Rev 3.3 specification, key ceremony, ABT).
- Specific Workshops :
- - End to end Calypso certification process
- - Calypso HCE solutions and guidelines
- - Keyple, an Open Source SDK
- Participants will split in three parts for interactive questions/answers sessions; participation to different topics will be possible.
- A cocktail dinner will be offered by CNA at 19:00. More info to come.
12th April : Technical visit - Meeting at Regione Piemonte, Corso Stati Uniti 21, Torino
- 10:00: Welcome from Regione Piemonte
- - Presentation by 5T of the BIP Project
- - Presentation of local transport operators & authorities: GTT and Grandabus
- - Presentation of Trenitalia
- All these presentations will allow to discover deeply the ticketing approach and system deployed in the Region and the innovative solutions that are developed.
- 13:00: Lunch
- 14:00: Technical Visits: Buses and Metro Line & Railways Station.
- 15.30: The meeting will end in Porta Susa, main Train Station with trains to Milan in less than one hour (departure 4PM, 4.15 PM, 4.30PM ...).
- Please note that CNA doesn't take in charge transfer from Milan to Torino.
Find here some time schedules
The easiest way to travel is the high speed train
For any question, contact email@example.com
Come and visit us in the dm-arena, booth C21.
Don't miss our sessions about Open Source SDK and Blockchain forcast for ticketing
Take advantage of one of the biggest events in transportation and ticketing in order to exchange with our dediacted team about mobile solution, Calypso products, interoperability and much more.
Want to know more about the Calypso Open Source SDK ? Be there the 7th of March 2018 at 11 a.m, Conference Room 4/5 to assist to the presentation of Philippe Vappereau, CNA Chairman.
We also be part of the Smart Ticketing Lecture the 8th of March from 9 am to 10.30, Conference Room West : Blockchain Forecast: Opportunities for Mobility and Ticketing. by Valentina Zajackowski, Marketing Manager, Calypso Networks Association.
See you in Karlsruhe !
When it is not possible to implement a secure Calypso applet into a SE (Sim card or eSE), CNA has defined an HCE-based solution for Android mobile phones. This solution is based on two documents: the Calypso HCE application specifications and the Calypso HCE Guidelines.
Many Calypso networks aim at providing to their customer a ticketing solution for Android mobile phones, while preserving as much as possible compatibility with their installed AFC system, in particular with the validators.
CNA provides a solution with an acceptable level of security compatible with the Calypso brand which ensures that the security of the existing system is not jeopardized.
Specification of a Calypso HCE application
CNA published the revision 1.3 of the specification of a Calypso HCE application using a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) that guaranties the security of the exchanges between the mobile phone and the central system, to load initial data or to load rights (such as transportation rights).
> By delivering HCE Authorization Modules (HAM) with certificates to HCE application providers and service providers, CNA is acting as the Certification Authority in this PKI.
For security reasons, transactions using the personalization key or the load key are not possible through the NFC interface, and must be done with a secure connection to a server.
Only the Calypso debit key is stored in the HCE application for validation on entrance and control during travel, coupled with a mechanism of renewal of the Calypso Serial Number (CSN) to mitigate the risk of fraud : a part of the CSN contains date and time of validity of the debit key which shall be checked by the terminals.
Calypso HCE Guidelines
Unlike a secure element built to protect data for a long period, a mobile device can only ensure their protection for a very limited period of time depending on the security techniques adopted to delay the attacks on the software and the countermeasures implemented to detect a fraud at the level of the central system, based on a constant back-end monitoring. These techniques are the mandatory supplement to the specification and are in the scope of the Calypso HCE Guidelines, revision 1.0.
They rely on the recommendations of a security study ordered by AFIMB, The French agency for multimodal information and smart-ticketing, realized by an independent expert from the “Mines Telecom Paris Institute”. Get More details
Combined with the requirements of the specification, the main features which may imply an evolution of the terminals are the following:
· Support of a rev 3.1 Calypso application
· Support of TDES keys
· Check of a specific range of CSN dedicated to HCE application.
· Check of the debit key validity date (the Guidelines enforce a minimum frequency of the CSN renewal)
· Check of the mandatory contracts signature
Both documents define a coherent and secure way to implement HCE in a Calypso environment and are mandatory to use the Calypso brand and keys.
They are available on the Calypso technical support website.
Please note that you must be registered to access this technical documentation and that the Calypso HCE Guidelines are restricted to CNA members.