From 14th to 17th of May was held in Montréal the UITP Global Public Transport Summit, a worldwide event in the field, with this year 2500 participants from 84 countries, 330 companies from 30 countries displaying their innovative products and solutions in the 25,000 sqm Exhibition, with more than 13,000 visitors.
For CNA, such an important and strategic event, with high-level representatives of public transport, was of course an amazing opportunity to present its latest developments for the benefice of transport authorities and operators.
Numerous events organized by CNA punctuated these 3 days of the UITP summit:
- A General Assembly was held in the premises of the Société des Transports de Montréal, and we thank strongly our hosts for their support. This general assembly has seen the election of a new Board of Directors, composed of ACTV, CTS, INTERPARKING, LANDKREIS KONSTANZ, OTLIS, RATP, RIGAS KARTE, SNCF, STIB. This new Board of Directorselected its functions of chairman, vice-presidents, general secretary and treasurer.
- The Calypso booth on the UITP exhibition allowed to demonstrate the latest developments of CNA in the field of Mobile Ticketing and Account Based Ticketing solutions and the Software Development Kit which supports the CNA open source policy. It was mainly the opportunity to establish many contacts with authorities, operators, manufacturers and to evaluate the strong interest towards Calypso and its new strategy.
- The CNA strategy towards open source was presented by Ph. Vappereau, Chairman, during the “Ticketing and Payment” focus session. Please find here his presentation.
- A convivial evening was organized at the Pullman bar, a perfect moment for exchanges and networking.
CNA strongly thanks all those who have helped us to ensure the success of these different events, and all those who have showed their interest in Calypso and its future.
From the 8th of June to the 9th of June 2017, the 3rd Budapest Smart Ticketing & Digital Services Forum will take place at the Mercure Korona Hotel, in Budapest.
The Forum is one of the biggest events in Central Europe aiming to outline the future of smart ticketing by bringing together decision makers from the ITS and ticketing ecosystem, governmental bodies, service providers and specialists in the arena of transportation and related services.
This year’s event will be dedicated to the state-of-the-art of ticketing technologies with focus on mobile ticketing, the economic ratio of technology deployment, digital services and shall streamline the ideas related seamless travel and additional smart services to passengers.
A detailed agenda of the event and the registration form are available on the Forum dedicated website: www.calypso-budapest-event.org.
We welcome you at the 2017 edition to build together the future of smart ticketing in the CEE Region and beyond!
Calypso Networks Association is delighted to be sponsor of the major event in the Public Transport field: the UITP SUMMIT 2017, taking place in the Montreal Convention Center,from May 15th to May 17th.
CNA is proud to be sponsor for the first time of this Summit, by offering to the 2 500 delegates a cardholder for the OPUS card provided by the STM during the congress.
This year, a visit to our booth will be an opportunity to discover more about our services, range of products and benefits of being member of the Association. The stress will be put on :
- Mobile ticketing, with different solutions demonstrations
- Account Based Ticketing by Calypso - White Paper
- Certification policy
- Our open source SDK for Ticketing and much more ...
In addition, don’t miss Calypso presentation during the Focus Session FS7
“Ticketing & Payment”
Tuesday the 16th from 9 to 10 AM
Did you know it ?
Since 2008, the travel OPUS card is running with Calypso technology, allowing people to travel all around Montreal & Quebec regions by bus, metro, train… 20 local companies have made the choice of Calypso in order to provide a full interoperability to their customers.
See you in Montréal !
We will be glad to welcome you on CNA booth – 2D156 to talk about the Calypso technology and services. Discover how it became the main public transport standard adopted in Europe, Canada and North Africa.
More information ABOUT THIS EVENT