Certification, in an open environment, is the main key to ensure the reliability and efficiency of ticketing. Dicover in details the certification process with Paycert, the list of certified products as well as testimonials from SNCF, Thales, HID and Watchdata.
Transit authorities and operators more and more require it to guarantee the sustainability of their investment by mandating the compliance with standards, which ensure interoperability and that there is little or no proprietary bias in their system. Standards and certification are more necessary when a network wants to be interoperable with others; communication between a contactless portable object and a terminal may require the clarification of several technical rules to ensure the technical interoperability between different suppliers of terminals and customer media.
Since 2013, CNA has been offering portable objects’ suppliers the opportunity to have their Calypso products certified. This approach has been a real success as more than 30 products from 10 manufacturers have been certified since then. In 2019, in order to make the certification process more transparent and to allow all buyers to request Calypso certified products in their tenders, CNA has decided to improve the certification process by integrating a specialized independent player, Paycert, as Certification Body.
CNA provides the certification scheme for compliance of a portable object (native cards, Java cards, secure element for phones or wearables) with the Calypso ticketing application specifications, and Paycert delivers certificates of compliance on the behalf of CNA.
For each certified product, you may download its official certificate delivered by CNA. These certificates are usable both by manufacturers and buyers of Calypso products. Discover all the Calypso Certified products here: https://www.cna-paycert-certification.eu/cpoc/
An end-to-end approach
CNA's goal is to propose a full set of certifications to the ecosystem, at each layer of a transaction, for portable objects, to guarantee an end-to-end compatibility. Thus, CNA has worked with the Smart Ticketing Alliance and PayCert to propose a certification process forportable objects and contactless reader ensuring the compliance with CEN/TS 16794 standard which specifies the contactless communication interface between customer media and terminals in the transport sector.
This standard, which covers both terminals and portable objects, is interoperable, whatever the ticketing technology is used, with the NFC Forum specifications for NFC phones and compatible with the EMVCo Level 1 standard used for payment transactions.
Combining these two types of certification ensures interoperability both at the contactless communication level and at the application level of Calypso portable objects from different suppliers. It thus enables competition between suppliers, while guaranteeing the interoperability of these products.
With the multiplication of Calypso media that can be accepted by terminals from different vendors and across multiple networks, in the age of MaaS, the need for certification to ensure compatibility has never been greater. This approach is shared by operators and suppliers from the ticketing ecosystem:
Joël Eppe, Smart Ticketing Director, SNCF
As a transport operator, certification is essential to us to guarantee the compliancy of the smart ticketing solutions that we buy from our different suppliers. We always have supported the CNA certification policy, and we have been always required as mandatory from the beginning all the CNA certifications, at applicative and RF level, in all our tenders for cards and terminals, and we strongly recommend it to all our interoperability partners. In fact we consider that is the only way to guarantee interoperability between several suppliers.
We are also very satisfied with the new Calypso certification process with Paycert as it guarantees a full compliance with the common standard certification processes that is very important for public tenders.
Thierry SERT, Head of EMEA Pre-Sales, Watchdata Technologies
A certification process is essential for us, as it provides a guarantee of product quality to operators but also to ticketing integrators, who until now have had recourse to qualification processes specific to each of them. Having a normative framework based on rigorous standards and certification processes with an independent certification authority as Paycert is a very good thing. Paycert has technical expertise and competence in providing certification services for many years which make it an ideal actor to certify Calypso products.
And this logic is more and more shared by transport operators and authorities : we note that calls for tenders are being enriched from year to year with new requirements and, in particular, new requests for certification.
Cristiano Pardo, Senior Director, Transport and Phisical Credential, HID Global
From our perspective we have noticed a change of approach in users, which have gone from feeling obliged to use Calypso to being satisfied to use Calypso as a conscious choice as it guarantees high quality and safety standards and offers market competition among the many operators who can offer certified products. As we are concerned, all Calypso products offered by HID to the market are certified. With Paycert, the process changes in form but not in substance, i.e. the evaluator is an entity independent from CNA and the laboratory that carries out the compatibility tests to specifications. It is a scheme that works very well for other certifications, guarantor of impartiality and is well receive by the market.
We believe that this new certification process can increase the value of Calypso certification and will increase market trust in Calypso technology.
Sylvie Gibert - SVP Payments Cards at Thales.
Thales Gemalto Calypso G1 card introduced in 2014 was the first Contacless Card with the calypso technology to have passed the CNA certification. We truly believe that this certification was a key part of our Calypso G1 success story. As a Card Manufacturer, Thales is happy to have a unique Certification body that will handle all Calypso related Certifications (CEN-TS/ CNA) in order to simplify the Product Management efficient for our customers.
This new certification process with CNA and Paycert, an independent Certification Body, will enhance our customers’ confidence on Calypso technology for Transport Ticketing.
New Calypso Certification Process with Paycert
In Jan 2020, CNA and OSPT announced their collaboration to drive the adoption of open standards. Discover the FAQ we have created in order to enlighten the ticketing community, whether they are decision-makers or suppliers, on the milestones and next steps of this convergence.
The aim of the program is to achieve convergence between their respective open standards – CALYPSO® and CIPURSE™ - simplifying the choice and integration options for public transport operators while bringing time and cost efficiencies to the entire transport ticketing value chain.
In these FAQs, readers can learn more about the collaboration, what it means for each association and the benefits for the industry.
1. What is the motivation behind the collaboration?
CNA and OSPT have co-existed in the market for many years, both offering open standards for transport ticketing applications and beyond.
As the market has evolved and become increasingly crowded and complex, the two associations took the decision to collaborate and eventually converge their specifications to provide the industry with a single, coherent and clear approach to open standards. The aim is to combine the efforts of both associations to simplify the choice and integration options for public transport operators (PTOs) thereby reducing fragmentation and bringing time and cost efficiencies to the entire transport ticketing value chain.
Removing the overlap of work allows CNA and OSPT to expand their current scope to bring the benefits of standardization to the entire transport ticketing infrastructure. With all stakeholders involved, the aim is to create an ecosystem without hidden agendas, with standards that truly reflect the needs of all.
2. What are the benefits to the industry?
The collaboration will reduce fragmentation and provide the industry with a clear, coherent position regarding the benefits of open standards when compared to proprietary solutions. Specific benefits include:
- Simplification of the decision-making process for public transport operators (PTOs) and Public transport agencies (PTAs) by creating a common harmonized open approach for transport ticketing systems that can support more than one type of technology.
- Ease the process of upgrading infrastructures and innovating while realizing cost efficiencies.
- Remove the overlap of work in standardization for those who choose to actively support and drive the use of open standards.
- Speed up decision-making and ‘time for tender’, which in turn supports industry innovation and growth.
- Support and encourage competition by creating a more level playing field.
3. What are the objectives of the collaboration?
The end goal of the cooperation program is to achieve convergence between the respective open standards of CNA and OSPT Alliance – CALYPSO® and CIPURSE™ - simplifying the choice and integration options for PTOs while bringing time and cost efficiencies to the entire transport ticketing value chain.
To quickly bring the full benefits of the cooperation to all stakeholders, OSPT Alliance and CNA have established shared working groups:
- Governance: The objective of this group is to address organizational questions and logistics such as association coordination, access to the specification, future licensing, and brand for example
- Technical: The initial work of the Technical group will focus on analyzing in detail the features and unique strengths of CIPURSE and CALYPSO and, with backward compatibility in mind, define a roadmap that respects and supports existing solutions. Based on this analysis, the objective is to work towards the creation of a common specification. Additionally, the group will focus on software development with open source plugins based on Eclipse Keyple.
- Marketing & communications: This group will focus on promoting the widespread benefits of open standards over proprietary systems, including joint participation in international industry conferences.
4. Who can participate in the activities of the collaboration?
As truly open bodies, both CNA OSPT Alliance and welcome any company to become a member of their respective associations and support the work efforts to promote the adoption of open standards. Both alliances gladly accept companies not yet supporting open standards in transport ticketing to join in this journey.
5. As a member of CNA how will my membership be affected?
Currently there will be no impact on membership. The collaboration serves to enhance the participation opportunities for members and bring a clearer, more coherent approach for the industry.
6. I am a member of both CNA and OSPT Alliance; what does this mean for me?
The collaboration program provides new opportunities for all members to participate in shaping the evolution and direction of common work items to ensure their needs are reflected.
Today, all the existing benefits of CNA and OSPT Alliance membership will continue. View the member benefits page for details.
7. What work items will the Technical Working Group focus on?
The group will focus on developing:
- A new set of convergence specifications, for Cards and SAM, that not only include and enhance the existing features of both standards, but also add innovative functionalities enabling the evolution of infrastructures towards new beneficial features for stakeholders. These new specifications will support the delivery of backwards compatible products to respect existing deployments and guarantee to all stakeholders the sustainability of their investments
- A roadmap for migration to the new specification ensuring that during the migration phase, already rolled out products can coexist with new convergence products. This is done by leveraging the benefits of Eclipse Keyple that allows for the integration of multiple technologies, current and new ones, based on the plugins and different layers that address each technology.
8. How will the collaboration impact existing deployments of CALYPSO/CIPURSE ?
CNA and OSPT Alliance will continue to maintain the existing specifications and tools. Any long-term developments will consider backwards compatibility and the compatibility of existing systems. Both associations will develop migration scenarios, detailing step by step how to transfer from an existing CALYPSO or CIPURSE implementation to a future joint specification; these will be developed in close cooperation with users / operators and shall be described in according migration white papers.
9. I specifically chose CALYPSO/CIPURSE for my deployment. What are my next steps?
As a CALYPSO user, you don’t need to do anything, your deployment is fully sustainable. CNA and OSPT Alliance will continue to support their existing respective specifications.
10. I am considering CALYPSO/CIPURSE for my next project. What should I do now that the two associations are collaborating?
You should continue with your specification choice. Both CALYPSO and CIPURSE will continue to be supported and both provide the benefits of open standards that will help stakeholders to succeed in the marketplace.
New Calypso products, training projects and programs, new cooperation for CNA, publication of white papers and guidelines, 31 new members... Discover the achievements of the Calypso community and its members.
We are currently going through an unprecedented period that is profoundly changing our lifestyles and where, of course, our priorities are evolving.
But we must maintain our activities as much as possible to overcome this terrible ordeal, and you can rest assured that the CNA team is always active and attentive to the members of the association and the Calypso community. The association continues its work to value all its partners and to evolve the technology.
This is why CNA is pleased to share with you its usual activity report for 2019, which reflects an exceptional year for the development of Calypso, with some very fine achievements that demonstrate the great dynamism of all those involved in ticketing.