CNA, Calypso Networks Association, is a non-for-profit association under the Belgium law of an ASBL, dedicated to develop and promote Calypso.
At the end of the Calypso European Project, and given its great success, it appears clear to its participants that it was necessary to extend their cooperation in order to guarantee the evolution of the specifications and the promotion of Calypso on a global scale. The originality, and the strength, of Calypso, its independence from a manufacturer, clearly needs to be conserved.
Consequently they decided to sustain the existing club of users and to reinforce its role and its missions by creating the Calypso Network Association (CNA). This initiative received the full support of the European Commission, as a way to ensure the diffusion of the results of Calypso as widely as possible.
CNA was established in Brussels as a non-for-profit association under the Belgium law (ASBL) in 2003, with the founder members of the project (OTLIS-Lisbon, ACTV-Venice, STIB-Brussels, LKRKN-Constance and RATP & SNCF-Paris).
The objectives of CNA are to:
- Establish long lasting relations between all the partners using Calypso specifications.
- Define and direct the reference specifications.
- Implement a certification policy, to guarantee the compatibility of all current and future products.
- Establish a Calypso label issued by an independent organization.
- Promote Calypso to operators and manufacturers to yield its distribution.
- Contribute to the international standardization process.
- Facilitate and harmonize the shared members' needs and experiences.
- Encourage all actions of mutual assistance in the implementation of Calypso e- ticketing systems.
- Promote and manage the Triangle solution for interoperability.
- Encourage the initiatives to associate Calypso ticketing applications in multiservice environments.
The CNA statutes describe the management and the governance of CNA.
The advantages to be a CNA member and the conditions to participate in the association and his working groups are described on the Membership page.